Distinguishing between deactivated ports than I want to keep and outdated port I no longer care about

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Feb 24 08:54:40 PST 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 01:56:55AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> > Is there any equivalent of "port installed" that also shows whether
> > a port was requested
>
> No, but you can show installed requested ports with "port installed
> requested" and installed unrequested ports with "port installed
> unrequested". If you want a combined list you could use:
>
> (port -q installed requested | sed 's/$/ (requested)/' && port -q installed unrequested | sed 's/$/ (unrequested)/') | sort

port installed \
	inactive and \
	unrequested and not \
	( $(port -q echo requested | sed -E 's/^/rdependentof:/') \)

might give you exactly the list you're looking for? Because I'm lacking
a test setup for this I cannot verify that this works as I think it
should, though.

> > and the size of .tar.bz2 with binaries?
>
> To see the disk space used by the installed files of a port, you can use:
>
> port space name-of-port
>
> I'm not sure if that includes the size of the .tbz2 archive file. To get that separately, you can look at:
>
> ls -l /opt/local/var/macports/software/name-of-port/

Or rather: ls -l "$(port -q location "$portname")"

--
Clemens