Inconsistent criteria of success on the buildbot

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Feb 24 23:18:52 PST 2016

Hi,

A while ago I committed a new subport for geant4.10.2 which is
currently broken (in the meantime I lacked time/motivation to look
into it; and nobody else complained so far either):
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50426

The initial builds failed, see for example:
    https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-mtln-x86_64/builds/27442
but judging from
    http://packages.macports.org/geant4.10.2/
it seems as if the "build all ports" picked up and uploaded the
"broken" package with "no questions asked".

Shouldn't this be fixed somehow? (Not just the port, but also the
behaviour.) Or did the package automagically start to work properly?

I don't dare to even start parsing the logs from the all-ports build.
The progress log from the same buildslave
    https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-mtln-x86_64/builds/28037/steps/compile/logs/progress
says "package found, not building again".

Mojca