Survey: How do you commit?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Jan 2 04:30:57 PST 2016

On 2 January 2016 at 06:43, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Quick survey for committers:
>
> How do you commit to the MacPorts Subversion repository?
>
> Using a Subversion working copy and "svn commit"?
> Using a Git clone and git-svn?
> Some other method?

I use a sparse subversion checkout and "svn commit".

> Do you have any complaints about that method or are you happy with it?

I'm perfectly happy with it now that I have commit rights (and SVN is
easier in many aspects), but before I had commit rights, it was a bit
of a pain.

Mojca

PS: I often use git for certain ports where changes are nontrivial and
cannot be committed right away. In those cases managing patches with
git can be very helpful. (Git would also helpful in managing patches
that get uploaded to trac, but get outdated as time passes by, while
pull requests could still work out of the box in many cases.)