Survey: How do you commit?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jan 2 13:13:06 PST 2016

On 2016-1-3 07:38 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> Works pretty well for the most part. Would be nice if it had commit
>> shelving <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-3625>.
>
> The closest feature that exists is the changelist: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.svn.c.changelist.html

While that's certainly useful in some situations, it doesn't help for
the use case I have in mind. Suppose you're working on some relatively
lengthy changes to a file, when you spot an unrelated bug that can
easily be fixed with a small change. The unrelated bugfix should be in
its own changeset, so the ideal workflow here is to shelve the partially
completed changes, fix the bug, commit, then unshelve and continue working.

You can emulate this in various ways of course, and I do when needed, it
would just be nice if it was built in.

- Josh