registry lock

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:13:02 PST 2016

On Monday January 04 2016 16:18:54 Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> The consequences of ignoring the lock (in the worst case) are worse than -n -p or -o

You're aware that the full path to the lockfile is already printed, almost as if to allow people who know what they're doing to copy/paste it into a different terminal window and remove it.

An option to ignore the lock has the benefit of documentation, and can be coupled to a confirmation request.
I suppose it would also be possible to add additional locking code to protect certain operation that should always be exclusive (like install, de/activate).

Anyway, it was just a thought.

R.