[144262] trunk/dports/lang/py-htmldocs/Portfile

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Jan 7 10:57:30 PST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 12:12:20PM -0600, Eric A. Borisch wrote:
> Bringing this back to the original point, it looks like there was some
> discussion (I think) in this thread of making alocation (possibly
> integrated in terms of access accounts with svn commit access)
> available to store a 'snapshot' of a 'distfile' for instances like
> this (where the source performs nightly refreshes of the tarball
> without version information in the name.)
>
> So is that going to happen (soon), or is the desire I bake something
> else up (drafting off curl-ca-bundle or graphviz-devel) for now?

Maybe we could do something like user-directories on a webserver, where
every dev could put his stuff as needed? E.g. users.macports.org/~cal
for me?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to re-use authentication data, though.
If all else fails, we could just define a common location in the /users
folder where SSH public keys could be put and a post-commit hook would
fetch them and verify they've been committed by said user?

Of course there nothing stopping anybody with a webserver to implement
this, either.

But maybe it's just simpler to get storage at some cloud artifact
storage like Homebrew does for their archives, iirc.

--
Clemens