Broken links detected...to ApplicationServices ?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Sat Jan 9 19:33:19 PST 2016

Hi:

I’m working on a new version of MythTV (0.28) and I’m stymied on the following.  Every program (23), and every library and filter (28) is reported by MacPorts to have a linking error similar to the following:

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
…
Incompatible library version: /opt/local/bin/mythavtest requires version 64.0.0 or later, but /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices provides version 1.0.0
DEBUG: Marking /opt/local/bin/mythavtest as broken

Web searches and whatnot have not turned up any promising leads so I beg the indulgence of those more experienced than I.

I’m running OS X 10.10.5 wtih Xcode 7.2 and up-to-date command line tools.

Thanks for any suggestions or help,

Craig