about keeping a checksums table in a separate file

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:09:35 PST 2016

On Sunday January 31 2016 10:57:59 Brandon Allbery wrote:

> The Portfile is stored in the registry (otherwise, what happens when
> there's a script that needs to be run on uninstall or deactivate but the
> port no longer exists?). Your inclusion will not be in the registry with
> the Portfile (how would it know?)

Yes, I figured that much, thanks for the confirmation.

> and the Portfile doesn't necessarily get
> run from the port directory (which, again. may not even exist at that
> point).

The same argument can apply to PortGroups ... or are those stored in the registry?

So if I check for the file's existence, say [file exists ${filespath}/checksum.table] I shouldn't be getting any errors?
It's not like this particular information would be required for uninstall or deactivation :)

R.