about keeping a checksums table in a separate file

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:14:14 PST 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 11:09 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The same argument can apply to PortGroups ... or are those stored in the
> registry?

They're in the ports tree, but they don't get removed. If you look in the
port resource directory you'll see where old versions of PortGroups are
retained even though they're not used by current ports, so that older
Portfiles will still work.

So if I check for the file's existence, say [file exists
> ${filespath}/checksum.table] I shouldn't be getting any errors?

Correct.