Software that doesn't use DESTROOT and funny tarball directories

Watson Ladd watsonbladd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:31:57 PDT 2016

Dear all,
I'm trying to write a portfile for ChezScheme. The problem is that
they want you to run configure with an argument indicating the install
prefix, then don't seem to support DESTROOT. I've gone to upstream to
instead.

The second question is about names: I named the port chez-scheme.
Unfortunately the tarball they have expands into one with a directory
named ChezScheme-9.4 and not chez-scheme-9.4  The obvious thing to do
is to change the name of the port to ChezScheme, but I do not recall
many ports with uppercase names. Is this the right thing to do?

Sincerely,
Watson