Snow Leopard compilers

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jun 9 10:07:29 PDT 2016

On 9 June 2016 at 19:03, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 9 June 2016 at 18:51, David Strubbe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a bit confused about what is going on with selection of compiler on
>> Snow Leopard for the apbs port. It is taking clang for C but llvm-g++-4.2
>> for C++, and the latter does not work for this port. If clang++ were used I
>> think it would work. Why is that not being selected? Why is an inconsistent
>> pair of C and C++ being used?
>
> 10.6 ships clang, but no clang++.
>
> You could try whether blacklisting
>     clang < 425
> helps.

I forgot to add that I'm often confused by this as well. That is:

I always forget to do the necessary blacklisting (I would have to
check for the exact expression which usually worked for me).

There is probably not much interest in this issue and there is an easy
workaround, but I would also kind of agree that blacklisting "*gcc*"
should probably also blacklist clang/llvm-gcc on 10.6.

Mojca