Snow Leopard compilers

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jun 9 10:11:35 PDT 2016

On 9 June 2016 at 19:07, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> There is probably not much interest in this issue and there is an easy
> workaround, but I would also kind of agree that blacklisting "*gcc*"
> should probably also blacklist clang/llvm-gcc on 10.6.

Once again me ...

This is probably the relevant part of the source
(if {[string match $pattern $compiler]}):

# internal function to determine the default compiler
proc portconfigure::configure_get_default_compiler {} {
    if {[option compiler.whitelist] ne ""} {
        set search_list [option compiler.whitelist]
    } else {
        set search_list [option compiler.fallback]
    }
    foreach compiler $search_list {
        set allowed yes
        foreach pattern [option compiler.blacklist] {
            if {[string match $pattern $compiler]} {
                set allowed no
                break
            }
        }

Should we or should we not introduce more complexity to blacklist
"clang" with xcode < 4 (= whenever clang++ doesn't exist) when "gcc"
is blacklisted?

Mojca