snapd

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:42:19 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <
kuznetsov.alexey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is step in the right direction make all packages support for
> the same format. Having same portfile format (.yaml format) for all distros
> is very nice.

You're missing the point that those distributions are all based on Linux,
and Portfiles exist because OS X is not Linux and many packages need to be
beat over the head to build in the first place. Package formats are not the
problem; fundamental compatibility is the problem, and no package format
can fix it.