port:libclang

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Mar 9 05:59:12 PST 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 14:16, Chris Jones wrote:

> As far as I am aware ROOT6 does not offer any build option to use an
> external clang installation.

Yes, I'm aware. I was talking about hypothetic users of the lib. I
assume that it might not be impossible to do it, just probably not
worth the effort at this time. (Honestly I don't even know whether
libclang would help given that cling is also needed.)

In any case trying to build a standalone cling might be a more
interesting project, but also something that would take quite some
time to set up and I'm not expecting you or anyone else to start
working on that. At least not yet.

Mojca