LeopardSDKFixes on PPC

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Mar 9 09:29:37 PST 2016

I was never able to find a library that provided that symbol / type; I
didn't get an issue with it until way into installing various ports
(maybe GNU Radio or UHD --> one with many dependencies). When I combine
that issue with: (1) the latest Xcode for 10.5.8 supplies at best
libstdc++ compliant with c++03 (so, no c++0x or c++11, let alone c++14);
and (2) CMake building as currently implemented via its PortGroup
requires the compiler to accept "-arch" flags; then I think folks
wanting to do PPC building are better off doing the libc++ replacement,
per that wiki page <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/LibcxxOnOlderSystems
>. Admittedly: (a) I haven't been able to succeed in doing this yet; and
(b) I haven't had or taken the time to figure out exactly what's going
on to get it working. One of the days, maybe, I'll get back this topic.
Too many other important things to do right now. Good luck! - MLD