Help needing adapting home-brew formula?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:44:51 PDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:36 PM, André-John Mas <andrejohn.mas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am trying to update the mediainfo port to 0.7.83, though there are
> changes beyond the
> version number that need to be made.
>
> Based on suggestion of the application developer I am trying to base the
> updated Portfile
> on that recipe, but I am running into some issues. The homebrew file is:
>

> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/media-info.rb
>
> What I have attempted thus far:
>
>     build {
>        system cd "${worksrcpath}/ZenLib/Project/GNU/Library"

This won't do anything useful; it will change directory in the shell
created by system, which immediately exits. The Tcl script's directory is
not changed at all (and almost certainly shouldn't be).

You probably want to read https://guide.macports.org/#reference, and
possibly a Tcl programming guide.

This thing really wants you to separately configure in two different
directories? Ick. I don't think you'll be able to use MacPorts' built-in
configure support, which will make things even uglier.