logfile name available in Portfile?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:28:01 PDT 2016

Hi,

Quick question: is the name of the logfile available in the Portfile, through a variable?
Reason: I'd like to save a copy of the file in the work dir during the post-configure phase, so that the information remains available regardless of how I build/install a port. While upgrading one of my ports to a new version I usually invoke the build and/or destroot steps separately from the configure step, for instance - or at least the final install/upgrade step. IOW, with my workflow my logfiles are often overwritten.

With large and complex sets of libraries like the KF5 frameworks upgrading-related issues can take a while to surface, so it'd be nice to be able to check certain parts of the build logs even for ports that required repeated attempts to build them.