code-signing (log message and potential "fixes")

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 21 07:33:17 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm seeing messages like the one below, with a certain regularity:

May 21 16:20:08 Portia kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x105ead000): p=98132[kioslave] final status 0x0, allowing (remove VALID) page

kioslave is a KDE4 or KF5 application, which can be used for lots of things including net I/O. I'm not sure if this is about the kind of code signing that requires a certificate (official or self-signed). Supposing it is, wouldn't it be possible to design an interface that allows users to specify an identity in macports.conf, and ports to invoke codesign in the post-activate stage?