code-signing (log message and potential "fixes")

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat May 21 08:02:58 PDT 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 10:33 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> May 21 16:20:08 Portia kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING:
> cs_invalid_page(0x105ead000): p=98132[kioslave] final status 0x0, allowing
> (remove VALID) page

So what I'm seeing is that this indicates that something is corrupted and
making the kernel think it needs to look for code signing info, and then
finding that the memory page recorded as having the code signing data is
invalid. This can be as simple as /private/etc/authorization being corrupt
(restore from backup), up to disk firmware problems in a few cases.
(Re)signing may work around it temporarily, or move the problem somewhere
else.