code-signing (log message and potential "fixes")

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat May 21 16:33:53 PDT 2016

On 05/21/2016 04:33 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> ...,
> wouldn't it be possible to design an interface that allows users to specify
> an identity in macports.conf, and ports to invoke codesign in the
> post-activate stage?

Yes, of course. This would be the way to implement code-signing. When previously
discussed, the suggestion was to generate a local identity automatically.

Although I am not aware of a method to automatically generate and import a
certificate into the System keychain for code signing except using the
Certificate Assistant in Keychain Access.app.

For the details of code-signing, see these instructions for example:
https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingOnDarwin

Rainer