platform{} statement

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 31 01:24:15 PDT 2016

On Sunday May 29 2016 10:14:53 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>Correct, you can't use a platform statement to do that, so use an if statement.

That's a pity. I had quite a few if {${os.platform} eq "darwin"} {} else {} statements in certain of my ports, which I most all replaced with platform statements at the suggestion to do so.

Would it be hard (and potentially acceptable) to extend the syntax to

platform ... {
} else {
}

of something of the sort? That seems like it might require patching the Tcl source code.