[macports-ports] branch master updated: berkeleygw: Remove svn $Id$ line.

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 11:49:41 PDT 2016

On 2016-11-01 19:23, Sean Farley wrote:
> Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> writes:
>
>> You should set your repository's user.email to your MacPorts email address.
>
> Is this really necessary? I've seen mention of a mailmap but that hardly
> seems like a big enough reason to force us to change user.email.
>
> I'm pushing back on this, by the way, because I'd like to keep the fact
> that I have one email for all the projects I've contributed to and this
> is the first time there's been an email requirement.

This is no hard requirement. However, all your existing commits were
attributed to your @macports.org mail address.

I am only aware of one case where the commit author email address will
be used:

When you close a ticket with "Closes
​https://trac.macports.org/ticket/..." in a commit message, a comment
will automatically be added to the corresponding ticket. This comment
will be attributed to the author of the commit. By using the same email
address for your commits that is also configured in Trac, you ensure
that these comments will be properly attributed to you.

Rainer