How to handle MacPorts' handles in the future (including the email address connected to it)??

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 2 15:49:51 PDT 2016

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 3:17 PM, Marko Käning <mk-macports at posteo.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> On 01 Nov 2016, at 21:05 , Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>> What do you mean by address rewriting? If you are referring to problems
>> with SPF,
>
> I guess I do.
>

>> the new mail server is now doing SRS [1].
>
> OK...
>

>> Right now we do not host any mailboxes with IMAP, we only forward mails
>> to existing addresses. I would like to keep the administrative overhead
>> low, certainly all developers have an existing mailbox.
>
> Yeah, I understand that. I’d be happy enough with the rewriting approach.
>

>> Although I thought about implementing authenticated mail submission on
>> our mail server in order to be able to enable SPF for macports.org and
>> reduce spam. But that will not happen in the near future while there are
>> other issues.
>
> So, what does it mean? Does the new server support it - as written above - or doesn’t MacPorts support it?
>
> You see me confused. ;)

I'm confused about why you're confused or what you're talking about.

We've always provided @macports.org email forwarding for committers. You tell us what handle you want, we set it up to forward to whatever email address you want. We had that for 10 years on macOS forge and we now moved that same system to our new server. Is it not working for you for some reason?