How to keep uncommitted work in a git clone

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 5 00:39:25 PDT 2016

On Nov 4, 2016, at 12:39 AM, David Bariod wrote:

> Personnally, I would just commit such change. It is cheap, can be reworked later and be ketp safe in a private remote repository in case of disaster.
> With git there are no reason to not commit event not ready yet change set.

Coming from a Subversion background, where you commit when you are finished with your work and not before, this reversal is very difficult for me to grasp.

I don't know how to rework a commit later.

I don't know how to, let's say, commit my unfinished work on curl, then make changes to libpng and commit them, and then push only the finished libpng commit and not the unfinished curl commit to upstream.