ui_debug output

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Nov 22 17:14:16 CET 2016

On 2016-11-22 16:35, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> I have a number of ui_debug statements which I consider useful to
> have available in build logs, but I'm not seeing the ones made from
> the "toplevel" Portfile in main.log . The ui_debug calls made from
> post-destroot blocks and the like show up in the log, but not the
> ones made outside of that kind of context.

Until evaluation of the Portfile has finished, we do not know the
name/subport provided by the Portfile, so the main.log has not been
opened at this point.

> Are they stored elsewhere, or do I have to return to ui_info for
> those cases?

For the same reason, ui_info will not turn up in the log file either.

Evaluating a Portfile is not supposed to print anything, as this will
also happen during dependency calculation or when creating a PortIndex.

Rainer