ui_debug output

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:53:11 CET 2016

On Tuesday November 22 2016 17:14:16 Rainer Müller wrote:

> Evaluating a Portfile is not supposed to print anything, as this will
> also happen during dependency calculation or when creating a PortIndex.

True, but ui_debug isn't normally printed, only when you add the -d option. And in that case plenty of other things are printed too.

> Until evaluation of the Portfile has finished, we do not know the
> name/subport provided by the Portfile, so the main.log has not been
> opened at this point.

Fair enough, but that should be easy enough to deal with. Start the log under a generic name and then move it to `port logfile` once that information is available (and open main.log in append mode), that should do the trick, no?

R.