[macports-ports] branch master updated: databases/percona: Fixed percona download URL to use version_branch again. Removed $Id$ tag. Closes; #62 Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52664 Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52946

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Nov 29 02:09:38 CET 2016

> On Nov 28, 2016, at 7:42 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
>
> In IRC I wasn’t sure how to read Clemens comment: "Yes, Closes:
> $ticketlink, due to the length on their own lines, preferably”
>
> I thought maybe a single long line commit message was not preferable.

That's right, otherwise you'd have something unwieldy like this:

	Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52664 and https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52946

> Do you literally mean the second line blank, like this:
>> databases/percona:
>
>    Fixed percona download URL to use version_branch again.
>    Removed $Id$ tag.
>    Closes: #62
>    Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52664
>    Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52946

Yes; the wiki page Marko linked to has more information.

For some idea of why this is important, skim the output of "git log
--oneline", which is intended to list commit subjects only. It's pretty
easy to find the commits that didn't leave the second line black.

> Is it a good idea to start the comment with a reference the port dir or effected ports?

In general, yes; this makes commit lists more useful at a glance (e.g.,
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commits/master). This has not
changed from the Subversion days.

vq