dbusmenu-qt5 build failure on 10.7 and 10.8 buildbots because of using libstdc++

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:40:23 PDT 2016

On Thursday October 06 2016 09:26:43 Ken Cunningham Webuse wrote:

> 10.4 and 10.5 users who have PPC machines worth keeping might well have to consider gcc cxx11options, if those systems are to have any path forward to newer software.

Wow ... have you also thought about my mom's old blue baby iMac G3 which still runs AFAIK? :D And maybe providing a newer Mach kernel for them, too?

Frankly, I quickly reverted from 10.5 when I saw how much that hogged my PPC machines at the time, and I'd hate to keep fighting the uphill battle to do useful things with 10.4 . Not that it wasn't a great OS X version (I probably preferred it even over 10.6), but with Apple linking ObjC to the OS there's less and less "native" software that even builds on it. And if it's to run only cross-platform stuff under X11 (recent Qt versions being unlikely to build) you could just as well set up dual-boot and use the hardware under Linux or FreeBSD.

R.