Of C++ (and other) runtimes

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Oct 7 09:13:29 PDT 2016

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 11:59 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Friday October 07 2016 11:43:48 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>
> [was Re: dbusmenu-qt5 build failure on 10.7 and 10.8 buildbots because
> of using libstdc++]
>
>> it might be useful to refine this mechanism to allow something like
>> "configure.compiler.cxx macports-gcc-XYZ", which would add a direct
>> library dependency on libgcc (among other things).
>
> Yep, that sounds like a good idea, but can that not be handled by the
> existing configure.cxx syntax?

The "configure.cxx" option is meant to directly set the CXX environment
variable for the configure stage. Technically it is possible to add
traces to it to add dependencies automatically, which would be the
inverse of what we currently do (explicitly specify the compiler
collection and update configure.* accordingly). That might be fragile,
though.

vq