2nd MacPorts Meeting & Online Meeting

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Mon Oct 10 01:33:57 PDT 2016

> On 10 ott 2016, at 07:53, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Me and Aljaž would be willing to host the MacPorts meeting in 2017 again.
>
> If you have any particular requests about the desired time / place /
> or anything else, we can discuss it before we fix the dates, but we
> should probably fix it some time soon.

I *may* have a place, we could meet at Mittelab’s new “home”, we have a B&B chain hotel *literally* on the other side of the road, and a bigger and nicer space to hack/discuss. As for the time, I think March would be good.

> In addition to the face-to-face meeting, I would like to propose
> trying out some online meeting some time in mid-November (or any other
> time, according to your wishes). I would propose to discuss:
>
> - creating timeline(s) with most important features that we might want
> to implement & get into next releases
>
> - how to improve the ticket system
>
> - and/or any other pressing topic (just not too much all at once)
>
> I'm not sure about the best format of the online meeting though
> (IRC?). Any suggestions welcome. It would be nice to prepare proposals
> / agenda for discussion in advance though. I would limit the meeting
> to 2 hours max and repeat it if necessary.

Yes, that makes sense for me. Discussing on IRC is going to be a pain, though. Maybe a video conference using Google Hangouts?

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  https://g5pw.me/key