gcr requires gtk to be installed with +x11

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Oct 10 12:51:45 PDT 2016

On 10/9/16 1:24 AM, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> thanks for the help.
>
> On 09.10.16 07:50 David Evans wrote:
>
>> I've confirmed that gcr's dependency on gnupg is unnecessary --
>> works fine without it.  Removed in r153722. Let me know if you
>> have any further problems upgrading gimp2.
>
> I tried to install gcr to confirm that it does no longer conflict
> with gnupg21. But I could not.

Because gcr requires +x11 and you had gtk3 +quartz installed for gimp2 +quartz

> I had gimp2 installed with +quartz variant, thus gtk3 is being built
> with +quartz. Now gcr tells me:
>
>> --->  Computing dependencies for gcr --->  Fetching archive for
>> gcr Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port gcr returned: gtk3
>> must be installed with +x11.

Because gcr requires +x11 and you had gtk3 +quartz installed for gimp2 +quartz

> I'll try to install gtk3 with +x11, and see what happens, but I
> guess then I can't install gimp2 with +quartz...

Why?  gcr is a dependency of epiphany but not (now) of gimp2.  gimp2 no longer
depends on epiphany so it doesn't depend on gcr either.  Just ignore gcr.

Try this (to deactivate any conflicting +x11 ports that were dependencies of epiphany)

sudo port deactivate active
sudo port install gimp2 +quartz

Works for me.

Dave