port:qt5 and (proposed) port:qt5-kde cohabitation

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Oct 23 07:04:07 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 11:25:52AM +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> SVN is being retired completely?

Yes, SVN is being retired completely. Have you not read the announcement
emails?

> I noticed it for Trac (which isn't a complete improvement *). I'm not
> aware that git allows pulling only changes to a single subdirectory
> like svn does (svn up in a port dir. to update only that port, for
> instance). Does it?

No it doesn't. It's something you'll have to live with.

> *) open a ticket via an email alert, notice you're not logged in
> (anymore), click on login, use the back button to go back to the
> ticket page, *reload*, and only then can you reply.

Re-login after the migration couldn't be avoided, since our
authentication scheme changed. We've increased cookie lifetime already,
though, so you shouln't have to click the log-in button too often.

--
Clemens