port:qt5 and (proposed) port:qt5-kde cohabitation

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 08:01:08 PDT 2016

On Sunday October 23 2016 16:04:07 Clemens Lang wrote:

> Yes, SVN is being retired completely. Have you not read the announcement
> emails?

Apparently not, were they sent on this ML? If so I must have applied too strict filters (basically "don't send list messages and don't filter copies sent to my own address" ...)

Lawrence: usually I do prefer git. I've just come to appreciate the possibility to update just a single port directory from svn. If git indeed doesn't provide something similar I'll have to use a shadow

> Re-login after the migration couldn't be avoided, since our

It's not the re-login that annoys me, it's the fact that each time I have to log in I have to take additional actions to go back to where I wanted to do something that required the login. And the login link is tiny, too ^^

Ideally, forums and ticket trackers provide a login-on-demand feature that is triggered when required as part of an operation that requires authentication. I don't know how much control you have over the software that replaced trac (it's something I've never seen before on github) but if you do this might be something to keep in mind for a future revision.

R.