"Failed to open portfile from registry" while reinstalling because of configure.optflags

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Oct 25 15:25:14 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 05:06:27PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Ah. So the error message is just wrong? There isn't actually a problem
> opening the portfile from the registry; there's a problem running the
> portfile that was successfully opened and read?

Yes, unless of course you randomly deleted files in the path where
MacPorts keeps those historic copies of Portfiles, or there's a bug in
the code that maintains these files.

The problem is that we don't see the difference. The code that procudes
the error is more or less
  "source $filename"
which can fail either because the file isn't there, or because the code
in the file failed.

--
Clemens