"Failed to open portfile from registry" while reinstalling because of configure.optflags

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:29:10 PDT 2016

On Tuesday October 25 2016 17:06:27 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

> > As such, Portfiles or PortGroups that haven't been written carefully can
> > trigger this warning from time to time. A common problem is checking for
> > the presence of a file, or running a tool, and not catching the errors.
>
> Ah. So the error message is just wrong? There isn't actually a problem opening the portfile from the registry; there's a problem running the portfile that was successfully opened and read?

Insofar as you can distinquish between reading, parsing and running the portfile, yes. The issue I mentioned that I fixed was such an example of an oversight. I'd imposed the condition of reading a "companion" PortGroup from the same directory as the main PortGroup, and that condition cannot hold for copies in the registry which all live in their own directory.

But the configure.optflags issue is not due to an issue in a Portfile or PortGroup. As far as I can tell it happens with every port; it just goes unnoticed because most of the time people (presumably) don't specify additional compiler flags.

BTW: what is ${filespath} set to for ports executed from the registry? If it doesn't point to the usual location there's probably room for a mechanism to specify additional files to store in the registry port dir.

R.