"Failed to open portfile from registry" while reinstalling because of configure.optflags

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Oct 25 15:48:57 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:29:10AM +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> The issue I mentioned that I fixed was such an example of an
> oversight. I'd imposed the condition of reading a "companion"
> PortGroup from the same directory as the main PortGroup, and that
> condition cannot hold for copies in the registry which all live in
> their own directory.

So the behavior was actually correct.

> But the configure.optflags issue is not due to an issue in a Portfile
> or PortGroup. As far as I can tell it happens with every port; it just
> goes unnoticed because most of the time people (presumably) don't
> specify additional compiler flags.

While the possiblity to set these flags on the command line exists, this
is for development purposes only and unsupported. If you have a patch to
fix this, I'm happy to apply it.

> BTW: what is ${filespath} set to for ports executed from the registry?
> If it doesn't point to the usual location there's probably room for a
> mechanism to specify additional files to store in the registry port
> dir.

Additional files are not saved alongside the port. You should probably
avoid depending on external files for the pre- and post-deactivate
phases and running the Portfile.

We could argue that's a bug, but this has worked quite fell so far.

--
Clemens