GitHub desired workflow...

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Mon Oct 31 14:01:48 PDT 2016

Thanks for all the hard work with this transition! I'm sure once we're all
"over the hump" we'll look back and wonder why we waited so long.

Just so I'm clear on this, is the desired approach for each committer to:

== setup ==
1) clone macports/macports-ports to the local filesystem
== every change ==
2) make changes
3) 'add' changes
4) 'commit' changes
5) 'push' changes (to macports-ports)

Oh, and and to capture upstream changes, somewhere after 1 and before 5 (4?
3?),

a) git fetch
b) git rebase origin/master
It looks like git pull --rebase does both of those, so that's not too bad.

If I'm wrong, or if I've missed something, please let me know; there's been
more discussion than I've had time to follow of late surrounding this
transition...

  - Eric

"Linux is like if the creator of git wrote an operating system." -
SwiftOnSecurity