Fakeroot destrooting [Was: Re: lldb ...]

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 00:14:48 PDT 2016

On Monday September 12 2016 21:51:55 Jeremy Sequoia wrote:

I can confirm that there *is* feedback on radars, though I do have to admit that in my case it is usually one of 3 forms:
- works as intended
- please check if the issue still exists in the latest release (typically months later)
- please install the latest OS X version and tell us if the bug still persists

Esp. the latter response doesn't really help. I know that clinging to an old OS X release isn't the ideal solution either, but I think that a different approach would be more constructive as long as a version is still supported and receives updates of whatever kind.

There are software providers out there who tend to give the impression they don't always take into consideration the fact that we (as in those who file bug reports) don't work for them, and Apple aren't completely foreign to that.

Anyway, a bit off-topic :)

R.

PS: no, I cannot think of any open radars I filed about issues that keep nagging me. I may have filed one about a frequent SystemUIServer crash when getting back to my session from the login screen, but I actually haven't seen that crash for a bit now.