[MacPorts] WorkingWithGit modified

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Sep 23 11:33:34 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 01:08:38PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Something I did not see discussed on this page was that after you
> fork, and before you start making changes, you should create a branch
> specific to the work you are doing.

I didn't include this because it's not how I normally work. I usually
only create branches for larger changes. I wouldn't be opposed to
include it, but I'm probably not the best person to write these docs.

In general, I think our "how to pull request" docs aren't very fleshed
out yet; this is intentional, because we don't yet know how we will deal
with pull requests and whether we want to request a specific workflow.

--
Clemens