[MacPorts] WorkingWithGit modified

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 23 11:38:43 PDT 2016

> On Sep 23, 2016, at 13:33, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>
> I didn't include this because it's not how I normally work. I usually
> only create branches for larger changes. I wouldn't be opposed to
> include it, but I'm probably not the best person to write these docs.

How can you not work that way?

If you commit directly to master of your fork, then submit a pull request, you can't do anything else on master until your pull request is accepted. If you make further changes on master they will be included in the pull request, which you wouldn't want if they are unrelated changes. And once your pull request is merged, then what? GitHub will give you a nice "you can now delete your master branch because it's been merged" button...