[153120] trunk/dports/fuse/sshfs

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Sep 26 11:33:48 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:23:17AM -0700, Dan Ports wrote:
> For me, the main benefit is that it's immediately obvious where the
> patch comes from, and, since it's github, how it relates to the
> release version. (In this case, it's a backported patch from an
> unreleased version.)

This is something we should track anyway, regardless of where a patch is
or whether it is copied. I've made it a habit to follow
  http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Commit_Patch_Message_Guidelines#Patch_Header_Recommendations
in patchfiles for my port, i.e. include

  Upstream-Status: Backport [$commit-id]
or
  Upstream-Status: Submitted [$url-to-pull-request-or-mailing-list]
or
  Upstream-Status: Inappropriate [configuration]

I encourage others to do the same.

--
Clemens