[153120] trunk/dports/fuse/sshfs

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Sep 26 11:23:17 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 07:23:38PM +1000, Joshua Root wrote:
> I really don't see a problem with using patch_sites for any patches that are
> available for download somewhere stable. In fact it's even slightly
> preferable because it avoids the extra work of adding the file and adding a
> comment like you mentioned, plus it reduces the size of the ports tree.

For me, the main benefit is that it's immediately obvious where the
patch comes from, and, since it's github, how it relates to the release
version. (In this case, it's a backported patch from an unreleased
version.)

Obviously, there are other ways to accomplish this, but this one seems
as good as any...

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/