[MacPorts] #49559: nepomuk-core can't be installed on a case-sensitive system (was: neponuk can't be installed on a case-sensitive system)

Sierk Bornemann sierkb at gmx.de
Fri Sep 30 08:46:47 PDT 2016

> Am 30.09.2016 um 17:30 schrieb Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org>:
>
>> On Sep 30, 2016, at 11:17 AM, Sierk Bornemann <sierkb at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> If you were right - why then implementing then case-sensitivity in the
>> first place instead of firstly implementing case-insensitivity?
>
> I am no expert, but isn't implementing a case-sensitive filesystem
> *easier*? The classic Unix "bag of bits" is already inherently
> case-sensitive.

Seethe road, Apple already has taken since years with iOS, which is case-sensitive.

> My point is that we should not make assumptions about Apple's plans for the future.

And my point is: go further than assumptions. Know and make sure, clarify it, read Apple developer documentations, if that does not suffice, ask an Apple expert/intern who really knows, if you yourself don’t know. :)

Regards,
Sierk