[MacPorts] #49559: nepomuk-core can't be installed on a case-sensitive system (was: neponuk can't be installed on a case-sensitive system)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Sep 30 08:30:27 PDT 2016

> On Sep 30, 2016, at 11:17 AM, Sierk Bornemann <sierkb at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> If you were right - why then implementing then case-sensitivity in the
> first place instead of firstly implementing case-insensitivity?

I am no expert, but isn't implementing a case-sensitive filesystem
*easier*? The classic Unix "bag of bits" is already inherently
case-sensitive.

> I, on your stead, would assume that Apple finally here begins to
> practically fulfill a years-long indicated paradigm change - towards
> case-sensitivity per default.

I am not interested in arguing about the merits of case (in)sensitivity
or guessing whether APFS will be case sensitive by default. My point is
that we should not make assumptions about Apple's plans for the future.

vq