dvips from texlive-basic broken?

Andrew Moore slewsys at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 23:42:43 UTC 2017

Only by moving aside dvips(1) from MacPorts texlive-basic  and using dvips(1) from MacTeX 2016 distribution, was I able to upgrade to MacPorts asymptote 2.41 vector graphics package.

asymptote 2.40 was installed about a month ago without any issues.  Anyone care to confirm or dispute this claim?  texlive-basic doesn’t appear to have been updated since December 2016, so it doesn’t make a lot of sense, but I’ve verified the problem and solution on two independent systems…  Thank you!

MacOS 10.12.4,  Xcode 8.3.1, MacPorts via git HEAD.
-AM