help with generating a diff with svn for libcxx

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:28:24 UTC 2017

I'm getting stuck generating a diff file for the changes made in revison 307461 of libcxx, so I can backport that into llvm-4.0 to fix the build of libcxx for PowerPC.

<http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=307461>

I have checked out the llvm, libcxx, and libcxxabi sources using svn.
In the projects/libcxx directory, I tried

svn diff -r 307460:307461
but that gives me "svn: E175013: Access to '/svn/llvm-project/!svn/vcc/default' forbidden"

so I've tried

svn diff -r 307460:307461 http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxx/trunk
svn diff -r 307460:307461 http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxx/trunk .
svn diff -r http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxx/trunk@307460 http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/libcxx/trunk@307461

but that all gives a similar error.

I know this must be easy, otherwise nobody would be using svn.

I thought about using the github sources, but finding svn revision 307461 for libcxx in github is not simple either.

Open to ideas.

Thanks,

Ken