Possible bug in comparing architectures?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Dec 5 21:06:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 5 December 2017 at 21:53, Davide Liessi wrote:
> Dear developers,
> in the log [1] I read
>
> Error: Cannot install py27-poppler-qt5 for the arch 'powerpc' because
> Error: its dependency python27 does not build for the required arch by default
> Error: and the configured universal_archs 'i386 ppc' are not sufficient.
> Error: mportdepends py-poppler-qt5 activate failed.
>
> Shouldn't 'powerpc' and 'ppc' be synonyms?
> Is this a bug in base?
>
> Best wishes.
> Davide
>
> [1] https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.5_ppc_legacy-builder/builds/48562/steps/install-dependencies/logs/stdio

While I don't really understand that message, I would probably start at
    https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.9_x86_64-builder/builds/43768

I would say that it's a total mission-impossible to get Qt5 working on
PPC anyway, but with some "cleanup" one could probably get an older
version of Qt5 working on 10.9 for example (I know that some older
version of Qt 5 worked on 10.7). It might be a can of worms to get it
working properly though.

Mojca