Possible bug in comparing architectures?

Davide Liessi davide.liessi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:20:45 UTC 2017

> I would say that it's a total mission-impossible to get Qt5 working on
> PPC anyway, but with some "cleanup" one could probably get an older
> version of Qt5 working on 10.9 for example (I know that some older
> version of Qt 5 worked on 10.7). It might be a can of worms to get it
> working properly though.

Indeed, and I'm not interested in making this work on PPC.
It just seemed suspicious to me that the reason for not being able to
install a port on 'powerpc' was that a dependency is built "only" for
'i386' and 'ppc' and not also 'powerpc', with 'powerpc' and 'ppc'
being actually the same, as far as I know.