Creating test cases

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Dec 12 11:15:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

Does anyone have any examples for writing test cases from scratch?

For a packaged compiler (mingw) I would like to test compilation of a
few source files which are not part of any built-in test suite. Is the
only reasonable way to create a patch file and modify the Makefile? Or
are there slightly easier ways than patching the original Makefiles?

I would like to prepare a small number of sources in C(++) and run a
small number of commands to build them. I'm also not entirely sure how
to make that work when the compiler is still in the destdir.

Mojca