I did something stupid and now can't uninstall a port

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Dec 20 03:42:23 UTC 2017

> 19 dec. 2017 kl. 20:24 skrev Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com>:
>
> I have a port I'm working on, with a gui subport:
>
> sheepshaver
> sheepshaver-gui
>
> I accidentally made a typo installing the subport, and I typed this:
>
> sudo port -v install  subport=sheepshaver=gui
>

> now I have a port installed like this:
>
> $ port -v installed | grep sheep
> sheepshaver=gui @20171215_0 (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64' date='2017-12-19T16:50:16-0800'
>

> and I can't uninstall it:

Seems like this family of errors could be vanquished by judicious application of a fuzzer. I don’t know if there are any ready made interfaces between tcl and popular fuzzers, though. Perhaps one could be of use to MacPorts. I don’t have any time to offer to mess with that so this is merely to document my thoughts.

Cheers, Kuba